International Plant Propagators’ Society
- IPPS is an international association of plant production professionals, including those involved in horticultural research and education.
- During 1951 a group of about 70 plant propagators met in Cleveland, Ohio, and formed the IPPS with the aim to share their knowledge.
- Their motto ‘to seek and to share’ remains the core value guiding the Societies' activities. IPPS has since broadened into an international forum for sharing plant production knowledge and skills.
‘To seek and share plant production knowledge globally’
- Striving to improve the knowledge, skills and professionalism of our members through the activities and services we offer.
- Promoting the integration of horticultural research, education and plant production.
- Coordinating a global plant production knowledge network.
What IPPS offers
- Members have access to educational conferences, tours, field days and workshops.
For young horticulturists there are various scholarships, research grants and exchange programs available.
- IPPS has a vast library of horticultural knowledge, the Combined Proceedings of all annual IPPS conferences. Members have online access to 69 volumes of these professionally edited papers and presentations.
IPPS Membership is organized and administered on a Regional level. Each Region is a defined geographical area.
The current Regions are:
Australia, China, Europe, Eastern Region of North America & Canada, Southern Region of North America, Western Region of North America & Canada, Japan, New Zealand and Southern Africa.
Which states that belong to the geographical areas of the three North American Regions?
Nunavet (ca), Manitoba (ca), Ontario (ca), Quebec (ca), Newfoundland and Labrador (ca), Prince Edward Island (ca), Nova Scotia (ca), New Brunswick (ca), Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, District of Columbia, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas
Southern Region - Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia
Alaska, Yukon (ca), Northwest Territories (ca), British Columbia (ca), Alberta (ca), Saskatchewan (ca), Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Hawaii
Which countries belong to the Southern Africa Region?
Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe